Are you ready to step on the red circle with an idea worth sharing?
We invite you to audition for TEDx Youth Park City and speak your truth, tell a story, or perform. Intrigued? We will select approximately 15 speakers. Here's what you need to know to apply and audition:
TEDx Youth Park City Event: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Who: Students in grades 8-12.
Where: George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Center
Park City High School, 1750 Kearns Blvd, Park City, UT
Auditions: Tuesday October 2 and Wednesday Oct 3, 2018,
after school at the Park City High School Lecture Hall.
Applications: Please submit an application (download, below) by Oct 1.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be held October through November, after school. We will make every effort work around students' existing schedules. Expect to rehearse twice per week.
After speakers are selected, we will announce rehearsal schedules.
What is a TEDx event and format?
TED stands for Technology Entertainment and Design.
A TEDx event is a suite of short, carefully prepared talks and performances idea-focused, that cover a wide range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter. Talks may not exceed 18 minutes. (Most effective TEDx Youth talks do not exceed 8-12 minutes.)
Community-driven and bias-free content
A TEDx event is organized by volunteers from the local community, and just like TED events, it must exclude any commercial, religious or political agenda. Its goal is to spark conversation, connection and community.
What a TEDx event is not:
• A TEDx event isn’t an industry or marketing conference. It isn’t limited to one topic or field. It isn’t used to sell something.
• A TEDx event is not organized by or for special-interest political, religious or commercial groups.
• A TEDx event cannot be used to raise money, not even for a charity.
• A TEDx event cannot partner with another conference or event.
• A TEDx event can’t be co-branded with an institution except under specific license types – for a college or university, or for internal events(for corporations and organizations).
• A TEDx event is not a platform for professional speakers, such as motivational speakers and professional life coaches. Its purpose is to give a platform to those who don’t often have one.
• A TEDx event is not focused solely on entrepreneurship, business or technology. Diversity of topics is key!
TEDx Youth is an experience--an invitation to share your voice, vision, and gifts. What idea might you bring to the red circle to share with the world? See you at auditions!
Download Audition Application
|File Size:||90 kb|
Submit Your Audition Application
Once you have completed your form, you may upload it, here, or submit a photo or scan of your completed application via email.